Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What a night!

Monday night we were over at the school riding bikes. Rosy was pedaling along on her trike and suddenly this little tiny white Chihuahua came over. He was so adorable and so very sweet. He was crying and was acting soooo happy to see someone. Clearly the poor little guy was lost. So... I took him home. Of course my big dogs freaked and I knew I couldn't keep him at my house til animal control was open in the AM so I called my friend Cassie. She said she would take him, but was going to be tough at her house with her dog too. We spent the next hour walking around the neighborhood looking for someone who had lost a dog. I ran into another friend she also said she'd keep her eye out. Well she came back a few minutes later and said there was someone putting up signs all over looking for the dog! FANTASTIC!! So she took him. I went back to gather the kids from the school to head home. While walking back by Cassie's house she came out and had the stupid (yes at this point it is stupid) dog wit her! OMGosh!!! Crap. Apparently his Chihuahua was female not male! That was not his dog! ugh. So now we had the darn dog back. So we left all the kids with her hubby and continued on our journey - 20 minutes before a favorite show was starting. Walked and walked one chase after another - one person knew someone who knew someone and on an on and on. Must have visited 100 houses! Then we saw a lady who said "oh you found that dog! Is that your dog? Where is his buddy?" So we told her it was not our dog, we didn't want the dog, couldn't keep the dog, etc. etc. She didn't know where the dog lived, but had seen it running through the neighborhood with a larger dog. Then a man on a bike rode up and asked if anyone has lost a big dog with a curly tail. The lady said the dog she was referring to was that dog and that clearly the Chihuahua and the big dog were buddies! Great!!! Get rid of the dog!!! I suggested to the man that we get the dogs reunited right away and since he already had the big one then he may as well take the little too! lol. He kept saying no - I don't want ANOTHER dog, I want to get rid of the dog I have! Oh the man was not too happy with us at all, but after a bit of coaxing he admitted where he lived and let us bring the dog there to see if they got along and were actually "together" we arrived and they were SOOOOO happy to see each other. I was so happy too! I got rid of the dog! Yeah!!! So what I learned... see a stray dog... turn the other way!!! Don't look back. Don't worry if he's crying. Just keep on walking. It'll certainly save you a night! lol.

No comments: